Slides from the MASH & Early Help Workshops are available here.
4LSCB Policies and Procedures
The 4LSCB areas of Southampton, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth have joint Policies and Procedures. Click here to access them.
For Schools and Educational Settings (UPDATED)
NEW – Southampton Safeguarding Self-Evaluation Tool
Click here to access the online tool.
Please find below a suite of documents to support you in your work around “Safeguarding” as a result of the work from the LSCB education task and finish group. They have been approved by the group and include guidance for writing Safeguarding policies, a model Child Protection Policy, guidance for transfer of Child Protection records.
You can also find a Model Social Networking policy here:
Social Networking Policy for Schools
An Early Years Development and Childcare Escalation process chart can be found here: Early Years and Child Care – Safeguarding Escalation Process
See below for protocols and guidance documents that have been recently developed or reviewed and are not yet uploaded to 4LSCB site:
4LSCB Bruising in young babies – information and guidance leaflet for parents and carers – this leaflet has been developed across the 4LSCB areas of Southampton, Portsmouth, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to reassure and explain the protocol for assessing bruises in non-mobile babies to parents and carers.
The new Social Work Evidence Template and accompanying case study, developed jointly by ADCS and Cafcass to support improvement in the quality and consistency of social work evidence submitted to the court, has recently been published. The template has been endorsed by the President of the Family Division and Family Justice Board members for use nationally:
The templates can be found at the link above, as part of the materials developed for local authorities on the revised statutory guidance ‘Court orders and pre-proceedings.’
Does your organisation have a Safeguarding Policy to be verified?
If you are a professional working within Southampton and are in the process of updating or creating a Safeguarding Children Policy within your organisation, the Practice and Policy Group of the LSCB is the forum at which these are verified, so please kindly send to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your name, organisation, contact details and a brief explanation of the policy to be verified.
Our Guidance for Checking Safeguarding Policies can be downloaded here:
This is provided to give you a good structure to follow when revising and refreshing your safeguarding/child protection policy. Please note that using these guidelines does not mean that the policy has officially been ratified by the Safeguarding Board, you will still be required to submit this via the normal routes as above.
More useful guidance:
- 4LSCB Section 11 Template
- Southampton City Council Protocol for Childrens Social Care Assessment
- Supervision Order Policy
- Commissioning Standards – scoring sheet final 2014
- Information Sharing Protocol
- Pippa- Domestic Violence guidance
- SCR Referral Form
- Community Partnership Information Form – Revised 2016 – This Hampshire Police form is for the sharing of non-urgent information by partner agencies. This includes information that relates to the Missing, Exploited and Trafficked agenda and related issues, such as Modern Slavery. This form can also be used for information relating to Community Cohesion and related concerns such as; Tensions, Political Unrest, Racial and Religious issues, Immigration, Asylum and Refugees, Anti Social Behaviour and information associated with Gang Activity.
- Barnardos Services for Trafficked Children Initial enquiry/referral form
- Southampton MARAC Referral form